What I CAN Change
- You can’t change your entire life, you can only change your next action
- You can’t change a relationship with a loved one, you can only change your next interaction
- You can’t change your entire job, you can only change your next task
- You can’t change your body composition, you can only change your next meal
- You can’t change your fitness level, you can only start moving
- You can’t de-clutter your entire life, you can only choose to get rid of one thing right now
- You can’t eliminate your entire debt, you can only make one payment, or buy one less unnecessary item
- You can’t change the past, or control the future, you can only change what you are doing now
- You can’t change everything, you can only change one, small thing…and that’s all it takes
This excerpt, taken from Mike Robbins’ weekly blog was one I thought worth passing on. He said it came from a friend as an email and I’ll admit that if I had received it as an email, I’m guessing I would have missed it as I delete almost all forwards without even a look.
I’m glad that he didn’t miss it and printed it in his blog. It made me think. I’ve been guilty of the “grand gesture” winning out many times in my life, but, when you get right down to it….the next step really is the only one we can take. And, the one that matters the most. So, I wish you success in every change you undertake….one step at a time!
If you’d like to see the entire post by Mike Robbins, check this link to his Appreciation in Action column: http://www.mike-robbins.com/blog/2010/09/what-we-can-change/