Sustainability Support Services
Customized provides support to clients who are seeking to reduce their carbon footprint. We deliver our Customized Cleaning for Health Program (GS-42) throughout our portfolio, assuring that equipment, chemicals and processes are as green as possible. Our program has been successfully incorporated into several clients’ LEED certification submissions as well as meeting all requirements for LEED certified buildings at all levels. Recycling support has been as simple as implementing the client’s current program and as involved as designing a system which integrates built in receptacles, composting, electronic waste and/or tracks landfill diversion. We have participated and helped lead client efforts to educate employees on waste reduction as well as other recycling topics. We offer a variety of seminars and talks regarding custodial sustainability and client partnership to achieve stated sustainability goals.
Five Reasons why CUSTOMIZED keeps you healthy….
- Corporate culture and philosophy of concern about the health of individuals and the environment
- Customized employees are provided training on the execution of healthy practices at work and at home
- We seek to employ innovative new products and processes to providing a healthier work environment
- We adhere to Green Seal Certified (GS-42)Customized Cleaning for Health Program which was developed to ensure:
- No cross contamination – color coding of microfiber mop and wipe system.
- Indoor air quality is improved – use of microfiber technology and HEPA filtration vacuum cleaners.
- Identification and implementation of environmentally friendly chemicals from cleaning to floor and carpet care
- Third party audits for total accountability – no greenwash
- Team approach when working with other service providers in facilities seeking green designations such as LEED
As partners we can work together to prevent the spread of Infectious Disease
What Customized does
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect touch points:
- Door knobs, elevator buttons, handrails, towel and soap dispensers
- Telephones, light switches
- Cafeteria tables and chairs, coffeemakers and vending machines
- Assure dispensers are stocked at all times
- Continue with all best green cleaning practices outlined in Customized Cleaning for Health Program
- Use of high filtration (HEPA) vacuums which improves air quality
- Elimination of cross contamination through color coded microfiber technologies
- Further improve air quality by reducing or eliminating VOC’s due to chemical selection
What You Can Do
- Wash hands frequently using soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand rub.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues. Cough or sneeze into your sleeve. Put used tissues into the trash and wash your hands with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- If you get sick, stay home and away from others as much as possible.
- Don’t send sick children to school.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.